assessment of quality
Criteria and Approaches for Evaluating Online Learning Resource Quality
The project proposes to contribute teacher-designed learning activities
(which incorporate online learning resources) to the NSDL.
As part of this objective, we have outlined the following activities:
- Based on the existing literature, develop rubrics for assessing teacher-created content.
- Develop a model for engaging a cross-disciplinary review team (to include both resource quality experts and teachers) to assess teacher-created content.
- Enrich the context and metadata of NSDL and online resources to support teachers in finding quality resources.
OnlineResources_Quality.DOC (An initial bibliography; Uploaded 12 September 2006)
- Short report on the development and research for the IA Review Rubric: Word file
- Leary, H., Giersch, S., Walker, A., Recker, M. (2009).Developing a Review Rubric for Learning Resources in Digital Libraries. Online access to full text
- Poster presented at JCDL 2008 in conjunction with:
Giersch, S. Leary, H., Palmer, B., & M., Recker. (2008). Developing a Review Process for Online Resources. In Proceedings of the Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, New York: ACM. Online at the ACM, paper presented at Open Education Conference
Quality Rubric for fall 2008 workshop: pdf
Updated Quality Rubric for spring 2009 workshop: pdf